Top Ten Tips Before Selling your Property
Whilst every property and home is different Wingate & Withers have provided a list below of our Top Ten Tips To Do Before Selling your property.
Top Ten Tips
1. Your front door is the centrepiece of your kerb appeal so repaint it in a tasteful colour. Update the outside lights and put potted plants on either side of the door.
2. The entrance hall creates a first impression… make sure it is the right impression. Paint it in a neutral colour, remove any bulky furniture, upgrade the lighting and if you feel you need colour add it with accessories and a rug.
3. The wrong lighting can make your home feel dark and drab so install brighter modern lights to make your home seem sunny, cheerful and up to date.
4. Paint colour is such a personal choice and potential buyers are likely to want to customize it themselves. If you have dark rich colours then repaint in neutral hues.
5. Clutter. NO, NO, NO! How do you expect to impress potential buyers with a cluttered house? If you have outgrown your home, start packing and if you don’t have anywhere to put it then use storage.
6. Pets – some love them, some hate them and some are allergic to them, so make sure that on the viewing they are out of they house to prevent one of three things happening:
- Pet lovers will pay more attention to your pet and less attention to your home.
- Pet haters will feel uncomfortable, completely on their guard and rush round your property leaving as soon as they can.
- If you have a buyer that is allergic to animals, a reaction will put them off your home. Remove all pet bowls, baskets and (most important) litter trays.
7. Good landscaping will transform the exterior look and feel of your home and give you a higher price. Hire a landscaper or do it yourself.
8. Back garden. The first thing people see when they walk out the back? An unkempt garden? Loose concrete slabs? Your back garden should look like a space for entertaining. If need be, buy inexpensive patio furniture, potted plants and install some outdoor lighting to tie it all together.
9. Clean – Buyers expect to see an immaculate home with no signs of dirt. Remove last night’s Indian take away from the worktops and do the washing up! No dirty underwear on the bedroom floor. Potential buyers need to imagine themselves living in “your” space, your perfectly clean home!
10. Call Wingate and Withers on 01483 762 800 to book in your free valuation or fill in our valuation form by clicking here